As well as working with the Methodist Mission and Presbyterian Support, we are proud partners in the following community initiatives.
- Eastern Churches Together
- Opshop Trail
- Wellbeing New Brighton
- Eastern Rising (radio show)
Wellbeing New Brighton
Wellbeing New Brighton emerged from a local parent-centred design project undertaken in 2016, facilitated by the Christchurch Methodist Mission. The project involved conducting a number of interviews with local parents and caregivers and gaining knowledge and insights into what it’s like raising a family in the greater New Brighton area. The project evolved into a small group of local parents who meet regularly to plan, organise and host a range of free, family-focused community wellbeing events and activities. Some of these have included:
- Initiating the Borrow-A-Bucket Beach Toy Treasure Chest (2016 – present)
- Supporting the Brighton Imagination Station Pilot Project (2017)
- Hosting New Brighton Rocks – Art in the Park and Art in the Park 2 events (2017 and 2019)
- Random Acts of Kindness Day celebrations (2017 and 2018)
- The Brighton Buccaneers Treasure Trail for Kidsfest (2018)
If you would like to join Wellbeing New Brighton or would like to find out more, please contact Tim at [email protected] or phone 027 821 1022.